Monday, June 30, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

That's what little girls are made of ...... How I love to make clothes for little girls, especially my granddaughters. Through the years, I have made many outfits for my daughter and now for them and it always pleases me to see them dressed in my creations.

When our first little darling girl was born, we were all so excited. My first grandchild and a little girl to boot. I sewed sunsuits, dresses, and many other items. What a joy!!! As she got older, we got into outfits with pants.

Then, about a year and a half later along came our second little girl. What a little sweetheart, but so different from the first. One so blond and the other dark. But both are so adorable you could squeeze them til their stuffin' pops out ... just a saying. Now, gramma could make matching dresses and how I loved it. They looked so cute in their little dresses.




Now, they're getting older and turning into lovely little ladies. Not much into dresses any more. But still, they are gramma's pride and joy. I still make dresses for them sometimes and they still wear them.



And last but not least, along came our special little boy. His daddy was especially pleased as he thought he'd never get a little boy. He's our little angel and gramma loves him just as much as the girls. No homemade clothes for him but who cares ... I can still enjoy him and when he puts that little hand into mine .... gramma melts ... and away we go to look at snails, bugs, etc.


How lucky I am to have three such wonderful grandchildren. May they stay this way forever....



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Well, thank you, you are making me cry!! They are so special and they love you dearly and what a sweet sweet post. xxoo