Tuesday, June 24, 2008

eBay or Etsy???

I have been on eBay for almost 8 years now. Until about a year ago, I've always done really well. However, now it's gone down hill. My sales have really dropped. What could it be? Are people not buying anymore or are there just so many sellers on eBay that the little person (like me) gets overlooked. I make and sell tote bags, diaper bags, etc. My workmanship has not changed, if anything, it's improved over time. I make beautiful bags and believe that anyone would love them. My daughter suggested I try a new site ' Etsy' . I put it off for a while as I like to keep things the way they are. Don't like change. However, I finally broke down and decided to try it. A few days ago I started listing my bags on Etsy. I'm still keeping eBay for a while until I find out what's the best. On Etsy, I have a lot of people looking at my bags; more than on eBay. Hopefully, this is a good sign. No sales yet though. If you want to take a look, go to http://slheuston.etsy.com/ . My eBay site is http://stores.ebay.ca/SANDRAS-CREATIONS . Below are a few of my newest bags. I started taking my pictures outside beside my beautiful Clematis... Much better pictures than before.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Your blog is beautiful!! I love it! It won't take long and you'll have the hang of it! I think it looks really really nice! CONGRATULATIONS on a new chapter and good luck!!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hello! Welcome to Blogland. Yes, ebay is slow right now, and the summer months are usually even slower. I am trying Etsy and Flickr.com to make new contacts. It all helps.

It can help to "check out the competition" on Etsy. You can see which fabrics are the most popular etc. It is a young crowd on Etsy, so I try to list what they are looking for. For example, I have found that my vintage clothing does much better than my antique clothing.

Visit other shops and "heart" some of your favourites. They will likely "heart" your store too. Have fun with it!

Karen at Ciderantiques

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi again, Just checked your Etsy store and I see that you do have a sale! That was fast.

Congratulations!!!

lulusparkles said...

wishing you the best of luck on etsy! i love it and am sure you will also!